Brighouse Elland Halifax Hebden Bridge Sowerby Bridge Todmorden |
Public Toilet Facilities in Calderdale
- Across Calderdale
Information on Public Toilet Facilities in Calderdale
- Disabled Access
- Travel & Transport
Since public toilets across Calderdale were closed for safety reasons during the first lockdown in 2020, the Council has gradually reopened toilet facilities in line with national guidelines and the safest local approach.
• Albion Street, Halifax: Monday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm
• Brook Street, Todmorden: Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 4pm
• Calder Holmes Park, Hebden Bridge: Monday to Sunday, 10.30am to 4pm
• Centre Vale Park, Todmorden: Monday to Sunday, 10am to 4pm
• Manor Heath Park, Halifax: Monday to Sunday, 10am to 4pm
• New Road, Hebden Bridge: Monday to Sunday, 10am to 4pm
• People’s Park, Halifax: Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm
• Savile Park, Halifax: Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm
• Thornton Square, Brighouse: Monday (excluding bank holidays) to Saturday, 10am to 4pm
• Town Hall Square, Elland: Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm
• Wharf Street, Sowerby Bridge: Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm
These locations have been chosen as they are all self-contained, individually accessed unisex facilities, which will help to reduce the risk of infection transmission.
The blocks are subject to additional cleaning with frequent ‘touch points’ disinfected. Users are asked to help maintain hygiene standards between cleans by following the advice in the increased signage in place in all facilities.
As always, it’s incredibly important to maintain good hygiene by washing your hands with soap and water before and after use, for at least 20 seconds. Regular checks of facilities will take place to ensure there is sufficient soap available.
As part of the Future Council Programme, a small number of more remote and / or less used toilet facilities will not reopen under Council management. Instead, they will be made available to other organisations / groups, potentially for them to manage as additional provision. Keep an eye out for more information on this opportunity.