Newsletter Sign Up
Calderdale Council of Town Hall, Crossley Street, Halifax, HX1 1UJ is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) under the provision of the Data Protection Act 2018. The Council takes its responsibilities under the Act very seriously.
The type of personal information we collect
The following information will be collected directly from you:
- Name and Email address
Why we collect and hold this information
Your personal information is collected for the purpose of providing you with the VisitCalderdale Newsletter. We do not receive any personal information from sources other than yourself, and your information will not be shared without your consent.
The lawful basis for processing your data
The lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is:
- Consent, the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific reasons, as defined in Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR.
How long we will keep your personal information
This information will be kept for a maximum of 5 years, or until it is removed at your request.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to ask for copies of what information is held about you.
- You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate.
- You have the right to request the restriction of processing of your information.
- You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request, or want to withdraw your consent.
How to complain
You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Officer if you feel that your data has not been handled in accordance with the law. The Councils Data Protection Officer is Tracie Robinson and can be contacted at email@example.com
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ICO.org.uk
Enter your email address here to sign up to the VisitCalderdale newsletter