Services & Information
Following the success of Tour de France, Welcome to Yorkshire, supported by Yorkshire Bank; have helped local communities set up bike banks to a...
Following the success of Tour de France, Welcome to Yorkshire, supported by Yorkshire Bank; have helped local communities set up bike banks to allow free bike hire.
Used bikes are donated for free and then reconditioned and hired out, allowing children and adults to learn to ride, get fit or just enjoy their natural environment on a bike.
Calderdale has two bike banks located at:
- Happy Days Cycles in 18 Town Hall Street, Sowerby Bridge
- Active Calderdale Bike Library, Halifax Fire Station, in Skircoat Moor Road
The Active Calderdale Library at Halifax is open 10am -1pm on the first Saturday of each month and run by West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service in collaboration with Calderdale Council.To book a bike and for enquiries (including donating a bike) please email email@example.com
Bikes are also available for hire from:
The Bicycle Den – along the Rochdale canal towpath in Hebden Bridge
We Cycle offers electric bike hire to help tackle Calderdale’s hills. These fantastic sturdy bikes help to tackle the steeper inclines of the area and four sites have now been confirmed as hubs for the electric bike scheme. Pairs of bikes are available at:
- The New Delight Inn, Blackshaw Head
- The Hare & Hounds Inn, Lane Ends
- The Cross Inn, Heptonstall
The Countryside Code has been updated, to take into account the new circumstances we face as a result of the COV...
The Countryside Code has been updated, to take into account the new circumstances we face as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please follow the code so we can all enjoy Calderdale's magnificent countryside responsibly.
Here's a summary of the Code's key points.
Respect other people:
- consider the local community and other people enjoying the outdoors
- leave gates and property as you find them and follow paths unless wider access is available
Protect the natural environment:
- leave no trace of your visit and take your litter home
- keep dogs under effective control
Enjoy the outdoors:
- plan ahead and be prepared
- follow advice and local signs
Please follow the hyperlink below for the full version of the guide.