Halifax | B&B and Hotels , Pub
Holdsworth House Hotel and Restaurant
- Holdsworth, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX2 9TG
- 01422 240024
Information on Holdsworth House Hotel and Restaurant
- Disabled access
- Private Parking
- Sofa bed
- Travel Cot
- Walking friendly
Family owned for over fifty years, this historic Jacobean manor is a much-loved, one of Yorkshire’s best four-star hotels and a wedding venue. You’ll find us amid stunning, secluded gardens on the edge of the Yorkshire moors, set in the peaceful suburbs of Halifax and equidistant between Leeds and Manchester. Enjoy our haven of peace and quality in an age when it’s too often forgotten that the customer is also a guest. Nearby is a wealth of history, culture, dramatic landscapes and local attractions, making Holdsworth House perfectly located for exploring.
Children are welcome at Holdsworth House. We have a special children’s menu available and a selection of rooms that can accommodate one extra bed or a cot/crib. There are also a number of interconnecting rooms for families with older children.
Holdsworth House has seen its share of celebrity guests over the last 50 years whilst in the caring hands of the Pearson family. Now the Jacobean manor is also becoming well known for its role as a TV set. In recent times the team has welcomed film crews from all over the UK, including the BAFTA-winning crew from Last Tango in Halifax, screened on the BBC. Holdsworth House was lucky to be featured in the final three episodes of series two, when Caroline and Kate escaped for a romantic break at ‘a luxury hotel’. The manor was also the setting for Celia’s hen party and for the series finale wedding of Alan and Celia.
We are located less than a hundred metres from the route of The Calderdale Way, a 50 mile walking route which circles the borough.
Gentleman Jack Hotel Break
Stay on our Anne Lister short break to visit Gentleman Jack film locations in Halifax.
£210 per room per night:
• Overnight stay for two people sharing a House double or twin room.
• Entrance tickets to Shibden Hall for two adults (Saturdays and Sundays 11-4pm; Mondays – Fridays 10am-4pm).
• £30 per person towards dinner in the Holdsworth House restaurant (A La Carte or Guest Favourites menus).
• Full Yorkshire breakfast with locally sourced produce.
• Free WiFi and car parking at the hotel.
Book online or please call 01422 240024
Terms: The break is for two adults including breakfast, £30 dinner allocation per person in the hotel restaurant, and two adult passes to Shibden Hall, excludes transfers (3.5 miles away) and parking. Rates differ by days of the week and availability. Standard booking terms and conditions apply. Please note that entry to Shibden Hall is by ticket only.
- There is a designated Accessible bedroom on the ground floor with a spacious en suite shower room.
- We also have bedrooms with showers (not a shower over the bath).
- An accessible parking space is available close to the rear hotel entrance.
- There is an adapted toilet near reception.
- Please note, as a Grade II listed building Holdsworth House does not have a lift and there are stairs leading to and from the restaurant and some function rooms.
- Our teams are trained in assisting guests with mobility concerns; wheelchair ramps are also available upon request.