Street parties

The application process for Street Parties differs from the process the Council has in place for other types of events and the Department for Communities and Local Government website includes useful guidance. For more on this, visit: Your guide to organising a street party.

In the case of ‘street parties’, insurance, formal risk assessments and licenses are not normally needed. This is if any music is incidental, and no selling of alcohol is involved. The Council does not need you to do more than the guidance says. However, insurance should be considered.


If your ‘street party’ fits with the Governments guidance, please use the application form below. Please complete the form and return it by email to the Council’s Events and Film Office:


Please note: Applications usually take up to 6 weeks to process. This is because you will need a formal notice to close a road.


For more on the above, contact: Events and Film Office.

Contact Us

Peter Vardy, Senior Events and Film Officer
Or Allyson Corney Events and Film Officer




Telephone: 01422 384796/393212


Address: Calderdale MBC, Events & Film Office , Regeneration & Strategy Directorate , Economy, Housing & Investment C/o Spring Hall Mansion, Huddersfield Road, Halifax HX3 0AQ