Events in Parks, open spaces, countryside and on public adopted highway

If you are considering planning or have decided to hold an event on Calderdale Council land or public highway, then the Council operates an event permitting process which is managed by the Events and Film Office.


Event Permitting – Calderdale Council welcomes the use of its parks, open spaces, managed land, and adopted public highway (streets, precincts, etc) for events. To hold an event (excluding Street Parties), you will need to apply for an event permit via the following link:


Apply for an events permit


Terms and conditions


Privacy notice


To assist with applications and event planning links to the event application guide, other advice, information, and sample documents can be found on the Event Planning page.

Contact Us

Peter Vardy, Senior Events and Film Officer
Or Allyson Corney Events and Film Officer




Telephone: 01422 384796/393212


Address: Calderdale MBC, Events & Film Office , Regeneration & Strategy Directorate , Economy, Housing & Investment C/o Spring Hall Mansion, Huddersfield Road, Halifax HX3 0AQ