South Pennines LEADER Programme – Giving grants to tourism businesses
The South Pennines LEADER Programme has a budget of £1,269,000 and runs until March 2019. In England LEADER is the delivery mechanism for funding from the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE) funded through the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD). There is still over £400,000 to allocate to projects, with over £100,000 available for tourism projects.
Up to 40% grant funding is available for tourist attraction and activities and for developing tourism infrastructure, with a minimum grant of £2,500. Possible projects could involve the construction or development of existing buildings, such as converting a barn into holiday accommodation, installing glamping pods or improving campsite accommodation.
If you have an idea about developing your rural business with a South Pennines LEADER grant, you might like to participate in the free online workshop 5th - 15th February 2018, you can sign up for the workshop through Eventbrite . The workshop will cover:
- The criteria for projects and what is expenditure is eligible for grant support
- Commentary on the suitability of your business idea and its chance of success in getting a LEADER grant
- An outline of the process and timescale
- The importance of cashflow, as the grant is paid in arrears
- Advice on developing your Expression of Interest
- Who does what and next steps (including ongoing support for any grant applications)
If you are not sure if your businesses is located in the South Pennines LEADER area, have a look at this map, South Pennines LEADER Area to see if it includes your location. You can also email your project postcode to firstname.lastname@example.org to check that you are in the area and you will find more information on the website -