Places to Stay in Calderdale with the 'Gentleman Jack' Factor
Image: Holdsworth House Hotel and Restaurant
Holdsworth House Hotel and Restaurant is a historic Jacobean manor and award-winning four-star hotel, packed with character and set amid stunning, secluded gardens on the fringes of Halifax, West Yorkshire. You can stay on their ‘Anne Lister Discovery Break’ whilst you explore Calderdale:
The Anne Lister Discovery Break includes:
- Welcome drink and cream tea on arrival day at Holdsworth House
- Overnight stay for two people sharing a room
- Entrance tickets to Shibden Hall for two adults
- £30 per person towards dinner in the Holdsworth House restaurant
- Full Yorkshire breakfast with locally sourced produce
- Late check out to 12 noon
- Free WIFI and FREE car parking at the hotel
- Rooms from £159 per night in a Snug Double, upgrades to House Rooms or Suites may be available
Please note that Shibden Hall is closed on a Friday and open Monday to Thursday 10am to 5pm and Saturday & Sunday 11am – 5pm
Shibden Mill Inn is an award-winning country inn nestled in the fold of the beautiful Shibden Valley, close to Anne Lister’s home at Shibden Hall. Originally a corn and spinning mill, the property used to be owned by Anne Lister's wife Ann Walker. The Mill was converted into a country pub in 1890, today you can enjoy first class dining against an inviting backdrop of open fires, low beamed ceilings and a cosy bar. Eleven individually styled bedrooms make comfortable and luxurious retreats, epitomising boutique country style and featuring lots of thoughtful touches.
You’re spoilt for choice when it comes to accommodation in Calderdale, with our cosy self-catering cottages, modern serviced apartments, B&Bs, guesthouses, hotels and camp sites. You can find out more about accommodation in Calderdale here.